5 Restaurants You Must Visit in Amsterdam
Restaurants and food in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is home to some of the best restaurants in the world and offers a wide variety of dining experiences that are sure to please even the most discerning of diners. Listed below, are the top five restaurants in Amsterdam.
1. De Groene Lanteerne - Located in the Western Canal Ring, De Groene Lanteerne is a charming restaurant easily identifiable by its green lanterns. An ideal choice for a romantic night out, this restaurant is known to serve excellent foie gras, lobster, and duck dishes. This establishment also has a top notch selection of fine wines.
2. Café de Kroon – The Café de Kroon is situated in the vicinity of the Eastern Canal Ring. This sophisticated restaurant has been furnished with fine French decor and offers guests an upscale dining experience. Although primarily a fancy café known for its desserts and coffee selections, Café de Kroon also offers excellent lunch and dinner meals.
3. D’Theeboom - D’Theeboom is an excellent restaurant found in Amsterdam’s Western Canal Ring. This restaurant is famous for its selection of exquisite French dishes. Guests from all over the world flock to D’Theeboom to sample its sumptuous pork, quail, and monkfish dishes. This establishment is open from Monday to Saturday, 6 pm to 11 pm.
4. De Bakkerswinkel - This restaurant is based in the city’s Old Center district. De Bakkerswinkel is known to serve some of the best baked goods in the Netherlands and its bread selection includes scones, fragrant loaves of bread and pain au chocolat. This establishment is also known for its excellent soups, light sandwiches and tarts.
5. Blauw aan de Wal - Arguably one of the best restaurants in Amsterdam, the Blauw aan de Wal is located in the Old Center of the city. This Mediterranean restaurant is known for its excellent service and lavish dishes prepared with the very best ingredients available.
Extra travel ideas: If you are interested in Dutch culture, the Amsterdam Museum Quarter is excellent for Dutch history and culture. Why not also try Football in the city - learn about the main teams and fixtures. Travel and world food. You might also be interested in the best restaurants in Vegas, a city which offers every type of cuisine.